Sunday, October 14, 2012

Glad You Came!


GLAD YOU CAME STORY
When the sun goes down, and the stars come out, is usually when decisions are made without me being present. Last weekend, I was presented with the same dilemma of having to go to Toronto. A family friend was getting married! My dad had changed his mind for the tenth time on Friday night and decided that we would be attending the wedding on that Sunday. 
Of course, being the person that I am, I hesitated. I couldn’t miss school?! I had a  group psychology project to work on! My sister reminded me that I’d only be going to Toronto for one night and that I didn’t have school on Monday. I still wouldn’t change my mind. Finally when I couldn’t argue anymore, my mom said, “TURN THE LIGHTS OUT NOW, and go to sleep”. 
Saturday morning I had to help everyone pack. We were only going for one night, but it felt like we were packing for a whole month. I didn’t feel like packing, so I just started watching Friends. My sister walked by and noticed that my “break” from packing was a bit extended, “Can you spend a little time packing please?”, she asked. That’s all I did that dreadful Saturday...pack. 
Finally, it was time for our flight Sunday morning. “TIME IS SLIPPING AWAY, we will be late for our flight!”, my mom panicked.  I really wasn’t looking forward to this trip. To make matters worse, when we were boarding the plane my dad noticed something on my ticket and felt the need to loudly remind me, “Your seat is away from us so stay where you are so we can check up on you every few minutes!”. I told my dad, “You hit me like the sky fell on me.” I was super embarrassed. 
Anyway, the wedding went through fine, and was kind of fun, actually. My sister and I got to walk the bride out to the main hall, which was super special. It really wasn’t until going to the airport the next day to come back home when I realized, this was not so bad of a trip. Right when I noticed that I had a great time in Toronto and didn’t want to come home, my friend, who is the sister of the groom, said, “Hey, Aeliya! I’m glad you came.”. That’s when it was official, I really was glad that I came. 

*BASED ON A TRUE STORY* 

No comments:

Post a Comment